- The way in which a word is pronounced
- The standard way in which a word is made to sound when spoken; The way in which the words of a language are made to sound when speaking
- the way a word or a language is customarily spoken; “the pronunciation of Chinese is difficult for foreigners”; “that is the correct pronunciation”
- the manner in which someone utters a word; “they are always correcting my pronunciation”
- The Jewish scriptures, consisting of the Torah or Law, the Prophets, and the Hagiographa or Writings
- a book regarded as authoritative in its field
- The Christian scriptures, consisting of the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments
- the sacred writings of the Christian religions; “he went to carry the Word to the heathen”
- A copy of the Christian or Jewish scriptures
- (biblical) of or pertaining to or contained in or in accordance with the Bible; “biblical names”; “biblical Hebrew”
- Sound, esp. when recorded, transmitted, or reproduced
- the audible part of a transmitted signal; “they always raise the audio for commercials”
- an audible acoustic wave frequency
- sound recording: a recording of acoustic signals
bible pronunciation audio – Basics of
Basics of Biblical Hebrew Vocabulary Audio
At last—a convenient and immensely useful learning companion for students of biblical Hebrew. Designed for use with Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar, this CD helps you master all the vocabulary words in the textbook lesson by lesson. Hearing the Hebrew words properly pronounced simplifies your learning process. Basics of Biblical Hebrew audio CD includes these features: * Words given in order of Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar lessons * Each word spoken slowly and clearly, with time after it for you to give the meaning * Different tracks allow you to concentrate on corresponding lessons * All words given in lexical form * Hebrew alphabet given at beginning
Pronunciation Guide :)
With all the fun videos popping up I keep hearing different pronunciations for fun dolly words…so I wanted to start a pronunciation discussion.
First up…licca. How do you say it? Like-uh? Lick-uh? Something else?
Secondly…dal. Does it rhyme with pal or does it sound like doll?
Third…Blythe. I say it with a different TH sound at the end when compared to how some other people say it. Do you say the TH like in "this" or like in "with"?
Mexican food pronunciation guide.
Note the different spellings in the pronunciations for "chili".
Why don’t "burrito" or "quesadilla" get any love?
bible pronunciation audio
New Version Includes Spell Checker and English Bible, T450F English-Russian/Russian-English talking dictionary (more than 1,000,000 words, more than 50,000 examples of word usage in literature and spoken language). English-English talking dictionary. American Heritage with definitions of more than 120,000 words. English talking thesaurus. Rogets Thesaurus with definitions and more than 500,000 synonyms. Personal user dictionary allowing storage of more than 30,000 additional words. The pronunciation of English words and phrases in human-like voice via a built-in speaker or headphones. Words are entered in any grammatical form and translation of all possible grammatical forms is shown. Parental control feature allowing exclusion of slang and inappropriate words. Phonetic transcription, part of speech indicator. Clipboard feature for easy navigation between dictionaries and instant reverse translation. Quick word find feature. Two key words search option in English and Russian for expressions containing both entered words. Last active screen memory feature. Bilingual English and Russian screen interface and keyboard. Adjustable volume and screen contrast. Screen back light and auto shut off. Local and world date and time display for 217 cities. Calculator allowing entry of up to 12 decimal places. Metric converter for temperature, length, weight, volume, and area. Two popular games. “Guess the word” and “Guess the number”. Automatic shut-down after several minutes of inactivity.